Your Privacy is IMPORTANT to Us
Hospice Mississauga is subject to the requirements of the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA), which mandates the protection of the privacy of your personal health information.
We believe that you should be aware of the personal health information that we collect, how we use it, how we protect it and how to contact us.
If you have any questions regarding privacy, access to your record, or correction of information or if you have a privacy concern, you may contact the Privacy Officer at Hospice Mississauga:
Manager of Community Programs
1- 855 Matheson Blvd. E.
Mississauga, ON L4W 4L6
Phone: 905-712-8119 ext. 227
What is Personal Health Information (PHI)? PHI includes information about your health status, health history, health card number, eligibility for health-care services, and care needs that include identifying information about you, such as your name.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS:
- You have the right to know how and what information we collect and with whom we share it.
- Your information is collected and may be shared only with your consent (expressed and/or implied) with other healthcare providers or those you identify.
- Information is used for data collection but specific identifying information is not disclosed in the use of data.
- As a recipient of services from Hospice Mississauga, you have the right to restrict or withdraw permission at any time by contacting the staff member you are working with or the Privacy Officer.
- You have the right to access your information.
- You have the right to access the personal health information in your record and to have this information corrected or amended. You also have the right to change or remove your consent.
- You have the right to voice your concerns.
- If you believe any of your privacy rights have been violated, please contact the Privacy Officer.
- If the Privacy Officer has not resolved your concerns to your satisfaction, you have a right to file a complaint with the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario (IPC).
The Information and Privacy Commissioner may be reached by:
- Phone: 416-326-3333 or 1- 800-387-0073
- Online: http://www.ipc.on.ca
- Mail: Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario, 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
- We do not sell, give, or disclose information to third parties except as set forth herein or in accordance with applicable laws.
- We ask that you limit the type of personal health information you include in an email or text as it may be stored by a telecommunications provider (external third party) where the information is not encrypted or protected.